Monday, April 25, 2022

How to book 251 concerts (intro)

The title of this post may be presumptuous. As I write this, I’ve confirmed exactly 3 concerts, or 1.2% of the project total. Maybe it should be “How on earth am I going to book 251 concerts?”

But I’m well into discussion for the next dozen or so dates, and I’m surprised at how eager people are to participate. People have been quick not just to make their venues (and living rooms) available but to seek out others for me, jump on local publicity, and offer lodging. I think I can identify several things making this go more smoothly and handily than I anticipated. So, here’s my advice for booking Vermont expeditiously:

  • Tell a simple story with broad appeal
  • Charge no money
  • Tap into key networks: music educators, piano technicians, town clerks
  • Cultivate project publicity
  • Have a support team

I’ll expand on each of these in its own post in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

La Melanconia, or, My Project in 50 Words*

There is only one Play Every Town concert this April because I took on several non-PET engagements for a change.  One was the performance of...