Thursday, June 16, 2022

Still here

Long time no post. Don't know if anyone was noticing the hiatus, but I note that readership is up a bit (views deep into double digits for one post!) so I thought I should explain. 

For one, I’ve been in thrall to the project’s relative success so far. That is, I’ve been swamped with booking, publicizing, fielding media queries, and working with my team of crack interns in beginning to delegate a lot of those tasks—which is ultimately a time-saver, obviously, but in this ramping-up stage is sometimes more work than just doing something oneself. Especially when one’s self, too, is just feeling out as one goes how to do all these things for the first time. Oh, and also there’s a b1t of practicing, rehearsing, touring, and performing (all non-delegable).

For another thing, a lot of my energy for documenting and diarying has gone towards creating the writeups of each performance on the Concerts page of the project website. Soon, after I implement an improved script, clicking on the town in the map on the Concerts page will present you a link that jumps to the writeup for that concert. For now, you can just scroll through them (they’re in alphabetical order; not hard to scroll through as there is a grand total of three posted so far).

Hoping to get back to somewhat steadier blogging tempo now that our booking and PR etc. procedures are beginning to take shape as manageable routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Climate chaos continued: Please don’t come to my concert

The upcoming Vershire performance is in the Town Center Building, and was initiated by (among others) the town clerk. It is truly a town con...