Saturday, February 4, 2023

Newark write-up

The Newark write-up is posted.

The concert was facilitated by Jericho Bicknell, among others. She also sang. I got to write the lovely map-photo caption “Jericho has just filled in Newark.” Maybe I can find someone named Newark to fill in Jericho on March 4.

I also got to talk about our first electronic keyboard concert. As I describe more fully there, it was a little unsettling adjusting to the unweighted action, but the wonderful venue and audience soon put me at ease.

The weather, though pleasant, was more persistently unsettling. As I wrote:

The afternoon was both delightfully and disturbingly warm. It was the warmest November day ever recorded in Vermont, reaching 76º in Burlington. Yet with El Niño coming and greenhouse emissions continuing to increase, it is a virtual certainty it will not be the last record-breaking monthly high we experience over the course of this project.

My sweet aspiration that I would work through my complete backlog of concert write-ups during the midwinter concert hiatus did not pan out. I’m now in the middle of a second, slightly smaller gap before the Charlotte concert, so maybe I’ll get closer to caught up before I get farther behind.



No comments:

Post a Comment

La Melanconia, or, My Project in 50 Words*

There is only one Play Every Town concert this April because I took on several non-PET engagements for a change.  One was the performance of...