Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Anti-oil, pro-antibiotic

In my concert spiel about eschewing jet travel and questioning some of our routine conveniences, I sometimes say “Some aspects of modernity are literally life-saving: I’m not suggesting we give up antibiotics…” 

That was in the abstract. But right now, as I start to get on top of this anaplasmosis bug, I’m happy I renounced air travel and not doxycycline.

Then, as I was thinking that thought, I realized one of the major US political parties endorses, or at the least condones, just the opposite: maximizing fossil fuel development and minimizing vaccination.

Not that the other major party is particularly serious about curtailing fossil fuels either...

No comments:

Post a Comment

La Melanconia, or, My Project in 50 Words*

There is only one Play Every Town concert this April because I took on several non-PET engagements for a change.  One was the performance of...