Friday, August 4, 2023

South Hero writeup

Posted just now.

I’ve acquired some basic skills with Final Cut, so I’m starting to do slightly fancier things in some of the concert clips. My wife Annelies took some B-roll footage of our dog Stella running in her sleep to part of Eve Beglarian’s haunting “Another Time”, which I incorporated into a video of the whole piece. Today is exactly 17 months since we brought Stella to the vet to extract a cracked tooth, only to have the vet tell us she couldn't do the surgery because Stella’s blood work showed severely reduced liver function, the result of a passel of tumors throughout the organ. She gave Stella six months to live. But Stella did not get the memo. She’s still with us—weaker, less active, and emaciated, but still trotting happily, if not running, at least a couple of times a day .

No comments:

Post a Comment

La Melanconia, or, My Project in 50 Words*

There is only one Play Every Town concert this April because I took on several non-PET engagements for a change.  One was the performance of...